Football Queensland Official Updates
Last Updated: 12:15pm July 6 2021
Last Reviewed: No further updates as at 12:15pm July 6 2021
Football Queensland and Football Australia are continuing to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the impact on football participation.
Updates will be issued when new information becomes available.
View the latest updates below.
FQ UPDATE ON SUSPENSION OF FOOTBALL ACTIVITY IN BRISBANE AND MORETON BAY
Following today’s announcement by the Queensland Government of the end of the lockdown restrictions in Brisbane and Moreton Bay, the suspension of all football activity in these areas will be lifted from 11:59pm tonight, Saturday 3 July.
The WinterFest event scheduled to begin next Wednesday, 7 July at Meakin Park will proceed as planned, with additional COVID Safe measures in place.
All NPL Men’s, NPL Women’s, FQPL 1 and FQPL 2 matches scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday 4 July remain postponed, however these teams can recommence training sessions from tomorrow at the discretion of their club. FQ will be in touch with these clubs directly to organise rescheduled fixtures.
Participants in Brisbane and Moreton Bay should check their local club’s website and social media channels for updates on training sessions and matches over the coming days.
Participants who have been in the Brisbane or Moreton Bay LGAs since 6pm Tuesday 29 June 2021 and are now located outside of the affected areas can also resume football activity from tomorrow.
As football recommences across these areas, clubs and participants are reminded of the requirement to follow the Queensland Government restrictions currently in place, including carrying a mask at all times.
Clubs and participants are also reminded of the other COVID Safe measures that have become the ‘new normal’ including the promotion of social distancing and hand hygiene measures and the regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and equipment. Any participants who are unwell should also not attend any training sessions, matches or other football activity.
Visit the Queensland Government website for more information.
- 29th – FQ statement on suspension of football activity in SEQ and Townsville City
- 28th – Football Queensland update on increased COVID-19 restrictions
- 29th – FQ statement on suspension of all football activity in Greater Brisbane area
- 5th – FQ extends QR code solution to attendance tracking
- 12th – FQ guidance for futsal clubs and participants in Greater Brisbane
- 11th – FQ update on easing of Greater Brisbane restrictions
- 8th – FQ statement in response to Greater Brisbane lockdown
- 15th – Queensland Government releases Community Gathering and Sporting Event Guidelines
- 9th – Updated COVID Safe Plan for Field Sports released
- 13th – Updated Return to Play guidelines and FAQs released
- 8th – Football Queensland makes attendance tracking easy with QR code for clubs
- 3rd – FQ releases updated Return to Play guidelines
- 5th – FQ releases updated Return to Training guidelines
- 4th – COVID Safe Plan approved for football in Queensland
- 31st – Football Queensland update on training return
- 25th – COVID SAFE Active Clubs Kickstart funding applications open
- 24th – FQ welcomes Queensland Government COVID-19 Restart Package for sport
- 18th – Football Queensland releases Return to Training guidelines and resources
- 13th – FQ working with Queensland Government to facilitate return to football
- 13th – FFA Circular: Game plan for resuming grassroots football in Australia
- 11th – FQ welcomes release of roadmap to easing restrictions
- 2nd – Football Queensland continues to step up planning for season restart
- 27th – FQ outlines support for Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app
- 1st – Queensland football competitions could resume from July 2020
- 31st – Stimulus packages and support for Queensland clubs and zones
- 21st – FQ CEO Robert Cavallucci’s message to the football community
- 19th – FQ confirms postponement of state-wide events
- 17th – FQ statement on the suspension of football activity
- 17th – FFA update: COVID-19 impact on grassroots football
- 16th – FFA Circular: COVID-19
- 16th – Football Queensland update on COVID-19
- 13th – FFA statement on COVID-19 impact on football this weekend
- 13th – Football Queensland confirms postponement of SAP carnival
- 6th – FFA update on the coronavirus (COVID-19)